Imaginary Forces - conceptualization of the logo

 




This is the final design I came up with for my Imaginary Forces blog. After some deliberation I thought Imaginary Forces was quite fitting for what I wanted to convey with the blog. Imaginary Forces is what one uses during the act of creation. Imagination is a force, and a powerful one, employed by creative people to conjure anything into existence, to turn a blank page into a story or some form of visual art, to turn a slab of marble into a sculpture, etc. 

I've always been attuned to words and I wanted to employ them. The love for words and languages led to the love for writing, especially fiction. Scenes, characters, worlds, etc. so the blog would be something to spur me to write more.

Then I decided to use the blog as an extension of my creative endeavors as a whole, so now I'm posting finished art and sketches here.๐Ÿ™‚

Today I thought about posting the creative process behind the creation of the logo.



You can see a few cursive designs, some elements resembling a lamp and a few ideas incorporating I and F as a single element. The latter was the direction I liked best. Then came the idea of incorporating some perspective for visual flair and have it look more imaginative.



The final design features an eye on the F, as though it was looking directly at the spectator. The Sauron-style eye helps in evoking the fantasy vibe from the imaginative motif of the logo.

I decided to go with black on the background to work as a shadow and the main color a shade in the purple family because of the creative associations with the color purple and because I am a fan of the "Cyberpunk, retro, synthwave" palette.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It patiently awaits

Draconia - Medieval fantasy style short story

Dragoneye